Italy's Cooking with A Difference!
Bringing the Charm of Nature to your Kitchen!
History of ALMA
- ALMA has founded in 2002 Italy with their founders who has more than 30 years of experience in the cookware industry.
- ALMA is dedicated to production of high-quality aluminium non-stick cookware.
- Their offices and production are located in Italy, between Milano and Brescia.
- ALMA’s passion in their cookware is to offer the best quality coatings and choice of colors with their beliefs in “good-price-quality-trade-off”.
This year, we bring to you the Limited Edition of our Alma's Woodline Collection, designed and manufactured wholly in Italy. This collection was exclusively designed by our very own Malaysian Nuovo team with the Italian Alma!
This collection features an elegant, nature-inspired design, sporting a rustic wood pattern that covers the surface of the exterior, with accents of silver lining the rim and the soft-touch handle that assures a firm and secure grip.
The earth-toned interior evokes the style of earthenware and the memory of a distant era where clay pots had a place in the kitchen of every household!
ALMA'S QUALITY ASSURANCE
You don’t need to compromise style for quality!
We’re here to bring you the best of both worlds – stylish cookware of superb quality that cooks like it belongs in the kitchen of world-class chefs and looks like it came straight out of an IKEA concept showroom. Alma Collections are released by the year, each of them unique in concept and style. The non-stick 4 multi-layer coating from DEKO Italy is highly resistant to abrasions and easy to clean, ensuring a long shelf life and minimal maintenance.
The special colour of the coating allows you to observe the cooking process with perfect clarity and is environmentally friendly in its composition, being free of harmful chemicals that are often found in traditional cookware, such as PFOA and APEO.
Q & A: WHAT DOES APEO AND PFOA MEANS?
APEO-FREE (Alkyl Phenol Ethoxylate)
APEO-Free indicates the characteristic of a product free from APEO (alkyl phenol
ethoxylate), hazardous to the environment and aquatic organisms.
The REACH regulation (Regulations EC 552/2009 EC 1907/2006), in Europe prohibits the use of APEO in concentrations equal to or greater than 1,000 ppm (parts per million).
Alma Cookware is APEO-FREE, with EU Safety Certification!
PFOA-FREE (Perfluorooctanoic Acid)
Is another chemical that is used in the process of
making PTFE. Previously, all non-stick coating manufacturers used PFOA in the manufacture of nonstick.
However, PFOA is considered a pollutant and a toxic substance and now, under the stewardship of the Environmental Protection Agency, most of the reputable non-stick coating manufacturers are producing coatings made without PFOA. This includes Teflon
Alma Cookware is APEO-FREE, with EU Safety Certification!.
High Quality & Technology in Non-stick Coating
- 100% designed and produced in Italy that comply with major international specifications in terms of food contact (FDA, BGA, etc.). Certified by EU on PFOA-FREE and APEO-FREE.
- Alma uses DEKO coating from Italy which is the new non-stick coating technology developed by an Italian company.
- Famous cookware brand uses this DEKO coating technology is Cuisinart.
- DEKO non-stick performance is similar to a spray coating.
- Alma Woodline match the best abrasion resistance and release properties.
Multi-Function + Fashionable + Designer's Collection
- Create a Fast, Easy, Healthy cooking all in one pot! You can “Fry, Sauté, Steam, and Grill”. Perfect for busy housewives and working mom!
- Practical, Functional and yet Fashionable and Affordable. You can proudly hang it at your kitchen counter or simply use it as your serving platter to your guest. A great showpiece for dinner guests!
Product Features and Highlights
Perfect Heat Distribution
Keeping the concept of “One-Pot cooking” in 30 minutes, we had our hero Alma Wokpan 32cm designed in a way that has a wide flat bottom to provide a maximum and even heat distribution.
Together we pair it with our high quality aluminium material made in Italy and the extra thickness of 3.0mm, you can be sure that your food will be cooked to perfection.
It is a perfect cookware to whip up a delicious recipe of Paella ala Valenciana or Jambalaya ala Louisiana for your friends and family!
Coated with 4 layers, our Alma cookware is highly resistant to abrasion and easy to clean, ensuring a long shelf life with minimal maintenance.
Our interior and external are both coated with 4-layers of black hardness non-stick titanium particles which has a resistance up to 15.000 abrasive cycle, which is much more durable than of normal non-stick cookware.
It can withstand a high heat temperature of up to 450 degrees!
PFOA-Free and APEO-Free
Alma uses coating from DEKO (Italy) that passed the safety EU lab test of food and safety.
Unlike the other non-stick cookware in the market (including the famous brand), Alma has obtained the EU Lab Safety Quality Certification to certified that Alma collections are FREE of harmful chemical such as PFOA and APEO!
You now have a peace of mind cooking with our Alma cookware without worrying about the toxin that will creeps into your food!
Firm and secure grip during cooking and special non-slip bottom.
The extra thickness of 3.0mm provides a greater heat conductivity and long-lasting feature.
Watch the video below where we conducted a fire test with our 32cm Wokpan.
Light Weight (Low Density)
Aluminium’s specific gravity is 2.7 compared to 7.8 for steel and 8.8 for copper.
Best of Both World
Our Alma 32cm Wokpan has the best features from a Fry pan and
Saucepan which is ideal for frying, scrambling, sautéing, searing, braising, poaching and deglazing.
The curved side walls for easy stirring and sliding food out of the pan. Sloped sides prevent steam from forming in the pan.
Flat bottom woks are very versatile and wok efficiently on gas or electric (coil) stoves.
It’s wide bottom area provide a maximum heat conduction and distribution.
Durability & Warranty
Alma is so confident of their quality cookware that they are giving a no-question ask 3 years manufacturing warranty!
To prevent fakes and copy-cat in the market, Alma had each pan engraved with "ALMA SIGNATURE LOGO and MADE IN ITALY LETTER".
Thus, you are ensured of the highest quality for each Alma cookware.
What is the Different Between Round Bottom and Flat Bottom Wokpan
FLAT BOTTOM WOKPAN
- Curved side walls for easy stirring and make it easy to scoop the food out of the pan.
- Sloped side walls prevent steam from forming in the pan.
- Wide bottom area for maximum and even heat conduction. Flat bottom wok will have a higher degree of contact with the flames allowing improved heat transfer.
- Straight, high side walls help contain food and expose all sides to heat
- Ideal for frying, scrambling, sautéing, searing, braising, deglazing, poaching, and stir frying.
- Flat bottom woks are very versatile and work efficiently on gas or electric (coil) stoves.
ROUND BOTTOM WOKPAN
- The wide wok spatula has a rounded edge that fits the rounded contours of the wok, making it a breeze to toss and move about all the particles of food being cooked in it.
- Ideal for stir frying or wok applications.
- Deep curved sides promote excellent food movement.
- Round bottom woks not recommended for electric, ceramic stove tops or heat induction burners.