"YUMMMMM!!! So easy to make and SO yummy!!! I made them without nuts because my kids don't like nuts and it was scrumptious!! This look's like a great recipe, easy ingredients. and straightforward instructions. I'll definitely be making these again."
"Best brownieI'veve ever made!!!! i baked them last night for a valentine's treat for my boyfriend - as a little romantic touch, cut them out with a heart-shaped cookie cutter. they are sooooo good!!!! and way easy! "
|Servings: 28 cookies||Cook Time: 40 Mins|
- 3⁄4cup cocoa powder
- 3⁄4cup shortening
- 2 1⁄4cups sugar
- 4large eggs
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4cups flour
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13" pan.
- Melt shortening in a large saucepan over low heat, then stir in cocoa.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix in sugar and vanilla then mix in eggs one at a time.
- Stir in remaining ingredients then stir in nuts.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely, before cutting into 2x2" squares.
- I have read all the great reviews and learned from them, thank you all. Now I line my pan with buttered aluminum foil or parchment paper. This works very well.
Recipes by Virginia, GeniusKitchen
Did You Try This Recipe?
Let us know how it went! Comment and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #JOURNEYWITHALMAXPRESS