This is an easy and super delicious pork chop that you can easily follow and make at home! Let us know how it went! Comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #JOINTHEALMX
5-8 Pork chops (bone-in)
FOR THE MARINADE:
- 1/4 cup of good fish sauce (Three Crabs Brand)
- 1/4 cup of hot water
- 3 Tablespoons of sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of good oyster sauce ( Premium Lee Kum Kee)
- 4 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 2 stalks of lemongrass finely chopped green onions
- 3-4 Tablespoons of honey (more or less depending on how many pork chops you are cooking in the pan)
- Make the marinade in a 13x9 inch baking dish and allow it to cool down for about 15 minutes.
- Add your pork chops. Poke holes throughout the pork chops using a tiny skewer.
- Toss to coat. Marinade at room temp for 30 minutes (or overnight if you prefer).
- Bring pork chops to room temp (if they are cold), and fry them on medium high heat for about 7 minutes on each side or until done to your liking. I will sometimes flip them over, occasionally, to prevent them from burning.
- Once done, remove pork chops from the skillet, turn the heat down to MEDIUM-LOW and drizzle in a few tablespoons of honey (do not wipe down the skillet) and add in some chopped green onion.
- Cook green onion in honey until slightly wilted and then add your pork chops back in.
- Toss to coat. Cook until pork chops have caramelized to your liking.
- Serve with rice and a fried egg! SO GOOD! NOTES: The package of pork chops that I buy has about 8 pork chops in them and I always use all of them for this marinade.
- As you are removing the pork chops to cook in the skillet, just add in the rest of your raw pork chops into the baking dish. You may marinade this for up to three days in the fridge.