Easy, delicious breakfast oatmeal muffins made with a blend of nutritious flours, berries, and vanilla extract. Makes 1 dozen standard muffins.
|Servings: 12||Prep Time: 15 mins||Cook Time: 25 mins||Total Time: 40 mins|
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup oats, certified gluten-free
- 3 eggs
- 2 yellow bananas (not green, and not overripe)
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup mixed fresh or frozen berries (mine were blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries)
Preheat oven to 375F and grease a 12-muffin pan with coconut oil or line with muffin liners.
Combine all of the Dry Ingredients in a large mixing bowl and set aside (take note that the oats are not included here--don't add them yet).
Add all of the Blender Ingredients (yes, this includes the oats) to a blender or food processor and blend just until smooth. If you have the option, a high-speed blender like a Vitamix or Blendtec would be the best option here.
Pour the blended ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir carefully just until combined, with no patches of unmixed flour.
Fold in the mixed berries carefully, evenly distributing them but not mixing so much that the batter turns purple.
Divide the batter evenly into the muffin pan and bake for 25 minutes.
Recipes by Kasey, SpillTheGreens
Did You Try This Recipe?
Let us know how it went! Comment and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #JOINTHEALMX