This shrimp scampi makes for a super easy family meal, but it’s fancy enough for a nice dinner party. Pair this Angel Hair with Lemon Shrimp Scampi with the toast.
|Servings: 4-5||Prep Time: 20 Mins||Cook Time: 10 Mins||Total Time: 30 Mins|
- 1 Tbsp salt + drizzle of olive oil for boiling water
- 3/4 pound angel hair pasta or your favorite pasta
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced (about 1 1/2 Tbsp)
- 1 lb large shrimp; peeled and deveined; 16-20 or 21-25 per pound would work
- 1 tsp salt for shrimp
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Grated Zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice about 1.5 to 2 lemons
- 1/8 tsp hot red pepper flakes
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil, add 1 Tbsp salt and drizzle water with olive oil (keeps pasta from sticking). Add 3/4 lb pasta and cook according to directions on the package. Angel hair is done in 5 minutes.
- In another, heavy-bottomed skillet, melt 3 Tbsp butter with 3 Tbsp olive oil over medium/high heat. Add garlic and saute 1 minute.
- Add shrimp in a single layer and sprinkle with 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Saute until shrimp turn pink (about 2 min each side); don't overcook or shrimp will turn rubbery.
- Remove shrimp from heat and mix in the lemon zest, chopped parsley, lemon juice and red pepper flakes.
- Pour over the cooked and drained pasta and toss to combine.
Recipes by Natasha's Kitchen
Did You Try This Recipe?
Let us know how it went! Comment and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #JOURNEYWITHALMAXPRESS